Mal Weeraratne is the Author of Emotional Detox through Bodywork, founder of Tantric Journey – School of Healing and Awakening and Emotional Detox – School of Holistic Body Therapy. He is the British pioneer of Emotional Release through deep bodywork. Mal has worked in the field of Emotional Release and Human Sexuality since 1994, treating over 3,500 female clients from all walks of life from the UK, USA, Europe and Asia.
Mal studied at the International Centre for Release and Integration in Mill Valley, California, studying under late Dr Jack Painter, the pioneer of Postural Integration. He also studied in Maui, Hawaii under Caroline Muir for two years. He also studied Osho’s White Tantra with Margot Anand in San Francisco, studied Journey Therapy with Brandon Bays in the UK, He studied NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming) with Dr Robert Bays in the UK. He also studied Cobra Breath with Ipsalu Tantra.He studied Tao practices and Tao bodywork including Chi Nei Tsang (internal organ massage), Life Force massage, Karsai Nei Tsang – Genital Detox Therapy with Grandmaster Mantak Chia at Tao Gardens in Thailand.
Mal has 25 years of bodywork experience and qualified with ITEC – International Therapy Examination Council. He has learnt over 20 massage modalities and other therapies from all over the world before he was able to introduce CPD (Continuing Professional Development) accredited Tantric Journey School of healing and awakening and Emotional Detox School of Holistic Body Therapy.
Mal was born in Sri-Lanka, with an Eastern upbringing and a Buddhist Philosophy. He was educated in London and holds a BSc (Hon) degree in Bio Physical Science, DMS in Operations Management and MBA in International Business Administration.
He was a businessman who developed his own property business in London and a successful franchise business in the UK before he followed a spiritual path. Mal has been happily married for 25 years with two sons and two daughters.
Currently Mal provides consultations from Harley St to help women with sexual and intimacy issues.
Sexual dysfunction can cause a woman both physical and emotional discomfort and can affect her self-esteem and intimate relationships. Though, sexual dysfunction can be difficult to talk about and is often glossed over by mainstream medicine, it is not uncommon, indeed according to the Sexual Advice Association, sexual problems affect around one-third of young and middle-aged women, and around half of mature women.
Some of the benefits of Mal’s pioneering treatments are to help women with:
- Low sexual desire
- Inability to orgasm
- Low self esteem
- Low body confidence
- Relationship issues
- Fear of intimacy and love
- Sexual arousal disorder: Difficulty with arousal, Inability to become aroused, Maintain arousal during sexual intercourse
- Orgasmic disorder: Persistent or recurrent difficulty in achieving orgasm after sufficient sexual arousal and ongoing stimulation
- Sexual pain disorder & Vaginismus: Pain associated with sexual stimulation, Pain associated with vaginal contact
- Emotional turmoil caused by past trauma: Due to negative emotions, Anxiety, Panic attacks, Negative self esteem
Mal finds most of the above issues are due to past traumas and resulting negative emotions held within the body often resulting from:
- Physical abuse
- Psychological abuse
- Sexual abuse
- Belief systems & social conditioning including: Religion, Culture, Upbringing
Mal recommends clients to commit to 5–10 sessions over 6–12 months to help achieve their goals. The treatment plan consists of a slow Tantric Journey as follows:
- Establishing 7-step informed consent
- Identifying client needs and focusing on helping achieve them
- Identifying fears and boundaries
- Lengthy confidential consultation and client care
- Dynamic meditation to switch the mind off
- Deep soul and heart connection
- Deep Tantric–Tao bodywork in a safe, sacred Temple space
- Yoni massage to help release emotions and Amrita
- Exploring unconditional love and deep intimacy
- Providing sexual surrogate partner therapy where applicable
- Coaching and helping client to enhance their existing relationship or helping them find a lifelong partner
- Empowerment and helping the client become independent
Treatment fee is £500 per 6-hour session. Treatments are carried out in Hammersmith, West London, and each session takes around 6 hours. Finances up to £2,500 available for 5 sessions.
“Tantric Journey sessions can transform your life and it is priceless. Also, Tantric Holistic Sex Therapy is not about whom you practice with, but how you practice,” Mal Weeraratne.
Mal is available for consultations at WE Clinic at 10 Harley Street, every Tuesday from 5pm to 9pm (by appointment).
Fee: £130 per hour
Contact number: 020 7041 9595
Mal is not a medical practitioner. Although many clients have had positive outcomes from Emotional Detox through Tantric Journey sessions, this modality has not been subject to scientific evaluation. Therefore, there is no scientific claim that Tantric Journey results in emotional healing. Significant positive change is often seen but cannot be guaranteed. Furthermore, Mal will discuss your therapy goals and aims during the initial consultation and aim to manage your expectations.